All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Re: On-going Commentary
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:29:44 pm 
Host

Holy crap, Katie might get saved. Lisi was an idiot and told Nay/Alina about the Idol immediately thinking it was a fake (I had a placeholder image) and now Monica wants to blindside her. icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Sooo dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:48:58 pm 
Host

Oh, and Ian's now 5th on the Refuge pecking order, apparently, with Sekou/Cristina ahead of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:34:58 pm 
Host

Dammit. I wanted to go to bed early tonight, but this Erinn immunity win fallout is going to be fantastic.

ETA: !!!!!

Erinn wrote:
I'm giving you the necklace girl. I don't trust these bitches at all no matter what they might tell us.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:56:34 pm 
Host

So, um, does Catalie not realize that burning Lisi/Alina here is likely going to cause her or Brenda to get booted at F7 if Erinn wins immunity again?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:09:24 am 
Host

These people are idiots. Lisi is targeting Katie here....even though that leads to a situation where she's almost certainly the next one out because Yul won't risk a purple rock for her.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:43:23 pm 
Host

I've been lagging on PMs quite a bit this week, but the shortsightedness is amazing. Brenda/Catalie hand Alina/Lisi a gift from above in the form of the ideal 4-3 scenario they'd need to finally make amends and target the trifecta. Instead, we have this. Where it would seem Lisi is going to let the girls coast to the end. The only thing more mind-numbing would be if Brenda/Catalie give in to an Erinn boot this round for absolutely no reason.

With that being said, Brenda/Catalie + Katie/Yul would have been a pretty epic endgame (though somewhat predictable). Swapping Erinn into that mix is still pretty fun (though substantially more predictable).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:27:16 pm 
Host

Cat coming clean right there before when necessary may have just sunk Erinn's ship while it was still salvageable... (although her leaving and losing a tie-breaker vote doesn't help much)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:57:55 pm 
Host

The purple rock is amazing at putting pressure on people. Wow.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03:55 pm 
Host

Erinn giving immunity to Cat is a very smart move.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:59:22 pm 
Host

Said it on AIM but I'll say it again here- Alina/Yul pushing to vote out Erinn over Catalie was yet another absurdly dumb move in a season full of absurdly dumb moves.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:10:09 pm 
Host

As much as Catalie and I don't get along, she totally deserves to win this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22:33 pm 
Host

Agreed. And agreed to your earlier post that it was idiocy to boot Erinn last night. Especially considering they should expect an endurance which can be anyone's game, get rid of the bigger endgame threat.

I think that Catalie's played a far superior strategic game to the other two, but to their credit, everyone in the finals has performed to a degree to warrant being there (though everyone in F7, frankly, can say the same). I know that Jeff gives mad props to Lisi for her gameplay, but, based on what people have said of her prior season, she hasn't competed to the same degree here. She's been detached and only approaches people when she needs something. And Alina's gotten to the end against all odds, but she's been generally disrespected by many for her demeanor since practically day one---luckily for her, that doesn't seem to be at the forefront of the jury's minds.

With all that being said, Catalie not being forthright with Yul earlier is probably going to cost her the game. Her constant apologies and lies until the very last minute have probably rid any chance she'd get Katie and Yul's votes, which will likely cost her the win, unless she really brings her A-game to FTC.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:32:29 pm 
Host

I think you're insane if you think Alina's getting many votes at FTC.

Or just terrible at reading a jury. icon_razz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:39:01 pm 
Host

Oh, I'm AWFUL at reading jury. And I always have a pessimistic view of voting against whomever it is that I support.

What I'd see happening now is Brenda/Erinn/Daniel/Paloma are for Catalie (just to be clear: the only reason everyone speculates so hard that Alina/Paloma are BFFs is because that's the story that Alina's been running around telling, right? Which to her credit, has an air of truth, but not nearly as much as she seems to believe. Or have I missed something crucial?).

Katie and Yul will both lump behind Alina, and Alina stands a slightly better chance at getting Naonka/Monica than Catalie before anything's been said.

From my view (which is admittedly CONSISTENTLY horribly flawed when it comes to juries), Catalie needs a single vote to split or pull in her favor for the win, because Lisi would probably back Alina on a tiebreaker. I think her odds of getting that vote are good (since neither Alina nor Lisi would be expected to have baller FTC performances), but I'm hesitant because even her closest allies and supporters don't seem to be that rahrahrah about backing her.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:40:18 pm 
Host

Alina's going to fall apart at FTC because she doesn't have a compelling argument other than "YOUR MY FRIENDZ!"