All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Episode 06
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:13:51 pm 
Host

What do you think of what you've heard to be going on at the Chaang and Seuua camps? Any surprises? Things that you think work favorably or unfavorably towards your game?

What do you think of the other members of the group of eight currently at the Refuge camp? How are loyalties and allegiances setting up here?

In retrospect, are you satisfied with having joined Refuge when you did? Do you think it worked to your advantage or disadvantage?

Re: Episode 06
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:14:08 pm 

Helen Glover wrote:
What do you think of what you've heard to be going on at the Chaang and Seuua camps? Any surprises? Things that you think work favorably or unfavorably towards your game?

They are fairly predictable for the most part?
From the Seuuan end of things, there is Daniel, Katie, Lisi, Yul. if Seuua can dominate their new tribe (or if they never merge with Chaang icon_surprised ) Yul is the kingpin, and challenge threat to boot. Daniel has a good connect with Katie but is still bottom of the pile. Over on Chaang, it's not that surprising an F4 since the Taj boot, but exactly the layout of it is a little bit of a mystery. Is Alina most on the outs? NayNay? Will they ever hurry up and boot Quietrinne already?? Do I particularly care?

No. Sorry.

That Mission Statement was aimed toward grabbing the players on the outs for various reasons - but partially to leave two even, equal and tight sets that will have to target each other. We're just gonna dominate the challenges for the next little while and see who comes outta that scrapheap alive. icon_razz

Helen Glover wrote:
In retrospect, are you satisfied with having joined Refuge when you did? Do you think it worked to your advantage or disadvantage?

The timing of my Refuging, and how it's played out since was perfection personified. I'm not sure if the next bit is from a confessional I never typed or one I already covered. Apologies in advance if I'm repeating myself.

My game is first and foremost a social one. Yes I can rock a challenge out now and again, and strategically I hit more than I miss (but boy are the misses hilarious icon_rolleyes ), but without social graces, the above two elements ain't worth dick.

What have I done in the game so far bar sit here sunning myself, throwing the occasional catcall at the main players? Not much it would seem on the surface. I was Cat's first choice in the pick-em, and then I was Paloma's first choice for Refugee. But his shiz didn't just happen by accident. I will tell you with absolute confidence that I would have been Alina's first pick too. All of this is because I have built solid pre-relationships with each. They have each come out of old games loving me, and open-ID is where I bring that all together. icon_wink

I have not been sitting here just resting on my pre-made laurels though. From the minute I got here every pick I could influence, I have set the best one (I do wish Catalie had had her PMs turned on in time :/ ) to happen for my own game. The one exception being Mike's choosing of Ian and not Yul, but you can't win em all, and that sorta independent thinking is why Mike will be first to go :P

Helen Glover wrote:
What do you think of the other members of the group of eight currently at the Refuge camp? How are loyalties and allegiances setting up here?

There are a few different set-ups taking place. The one I plan to stick to if possible is myself, Cat, Paloma & Cristina. Secondary to that (imo) is myself, Catalie, Sekou & Erinn. If I have my way all six of us will make the merge.

Apart from these Mike is pushing for a him, Paloma, Sekou, Ian (Erinn) set. lolno.

What I need to do today is a of all, get chatty with Erinn more to lock her in some (I kinda got wrapped up in Ian last night), and Sekou too for that matter - and then also somewhere in all of this create something with Ian that separates him from, and makes him willing to boot, Mike.

I actually quite like Ian, like more than Sekou or Erinn at this point, maybe even Cristina. He is intriguing in a puzzle that needs solving kind of way. But I don't know if that's enough for him to get bumped any higher up the set-up I've built here than sixth :/

It is a little odd, Paloma is jostling with Cat for top spot in this game. but Sekou is above Cristina. which means my preffer foursome out of the set of six come from two different sets. let me rank this shit out for clarity.

(Get hotter avatars for the not-hot half p&ty.)

Ugh Mike, your game is supposed to be one of comic relief and floating along in the BG. That ended as soon as you thought it was wise to approach Paloma. Stop making all these plans that don't involve me. I am Queen of Refuge, did no-body tell you? Wait no, that sounds to close to Queen of Refuse. Still, I have the cape, I make the fucking woosh
noises.

I am supposed to love Erinn, and she is supposed to be ever so grateful to us all for rescuing her. But I just don't feel it. Yet. I guess her and Catalie's bond is what I'm really relying on here. Cos that worked out so well with Nay icon_whistling

I need to give her something more meaty in PMs so some other path doesn't become a more preferable option to her.

Cristina again, has all the potential to be a supob ally. The problem with her is that she's never here. Like Einn has an excuse she just arrived :P

Where are you gurl? I need to solidify shiz with you.

Like I said, Ian intrigues me. He's the piece of the puzzle I didn't want here. Now I need to figure out where he fits best. The solution could well be bang smack in the LL. :/

I'd rather get him onboard with booting Mike so he's not blindsided and scrambling the following round.

Sekou makes all the right noises in all the right places, but I just don't have the trust built that I have with the two above. He is the biggest risk of anyone of causing my game to come crashing down, but unfortunately I need to just trust him. My guess is even if he does go awry, Catalie takes the hit before I will. Not ideal, but still workable. He's not aware of just how close I am with Paloma, as a safety net if he were to try gather numbers. Sneaky sneaky Paloma icon_shifty

Obviously, I love Catalie. Less obviously, she is still my #1 ally despite being number #2 in this ranking, - the trouble is that e'erybody and their mother knows about us. It's the reason why we were both left out of the Taj boot loop, because of course either of us would tell the other. It's the reason why so many people in the game will target us. It's the reason why it will be so hard to convince anyone else I have their interests above my own or hers. Who the hell wants to be a third wheel to that? It's the reason why we live and die as a duo in this game.

But I wouldn't have it any other way icon_wub

Paloma nips top spot here because our relationship is a little more under wraps. Cat knows of course. but Sekou? Mike? Ian? Erinn? Nope :P Hell I doubt Chaang or Seuua suspect much, and they all saw her pick me with a near full cast to choose from icon_lol Even before that, they all saw me try to get her into our tribe in the pick-em. I guess they reckon that was a cheap ploy for fodder and maybe a second choice of pick? More fool them :P

So much of Paloma's game gets forgotten about under the guise of 'inactivity' and short punchy PMs instead of behemoths. Yet she is one of the most aware players I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. Very quick to get a read on people. Very easy to talk to.

Paloma is quite awesome and more people need to appreciate her. 'Nuff said.

Re: Episode 06
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20:14 pm 

More Ep 6 -> http://refuge.strandedgaming.com ... ?f=11&t=76