All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

FTC Speech
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:19:38 am 

I guess I better get started on this soon icon_razz

Re: FTC Speech
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:12:17 am 

Some background music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du_o8MOkqSU

Hey guys! First of all, I wanna thank everyone for being part of this experience. To the hosts, thanks for putting in the time to organise everything, and to the players, I think we can all agree that in the midst of a serious game, there’s been many fun times.

My journey to the final 3 has been an interesting one. I sit here with one person I’ve planned on taking here for most of the game, and one that I haven’t worked together with at all! We’ve all played very different games to make it here, but I’d like to think that the game I’ve played has meant that between the three of us sitting here, I’ve had the biggest impact on who made the final 3 and who didn’t.

I began the game only knowing a few people here. I knew I could trust Yul, as we’d worked together before in Stranded with Rivals, and conversely, we both knew that we couldn’t trust Parvati and Cristina who had played together in our original season. Our first success in this game was obviously winning control of the tribe over Parvati. From there, we made a reasonably solid group, which was eventually broken up before the tribal switch. It was at this time that I realised that Yul, Katie and Daniel were closer to each other than I originally thought, and I didn’t want to rest on my laurels as the number 4 in that group.

So when the switch came about, I made sure that I also ensconced myself with the remaining players from old-Chaang, particularly Alina, Nay and Monica. I let them know of my position in old-Seuua, and we ended up making a really close connection. I also played a big hand in winning the challenges for our tribe which gave us the numbers advantage at the merge.

When the merge came, I was intent on eliminating the Refugees, however after a while it became clear that some of them were being protected from elimination. Instead of Brenda going home at Final 10, I saw Monica booted, apparently because Katie and Dan were concerned that I was too close to the girls.

It was at this time that I realised I was gone from Daniel and Katie’s plans, so I decided that I needed to completely switch the game up. I already had two idols at this stage, so I used my connection with Yul to find out who the target was at the next vote. All he told me was that he was voting for Na Onka. I knew that if I was the target, Yul wouldn’t be told, so I decided to play both idols, one on myself and one on Nay, knowing that one of us would be the target. It paid off. I had a lot of questions after that vote about why I blindsided Daniel rather than Katie. I’d already talked to Yul about how dangerous Katie was, and he’d told me that he planned to vote her off before the end because she was too much of a threat. I doubted that Yul would do the same with Daniel, and would instead take him to the final 3, so I decided that the best thing to do was to eliminate one of Yul’s closest allies, bringing him closer to me.

I still knew that I needed to eliminate Katie though, so I waited until I found my 3rd idol to make my next move. I knew Yul wanted Erinn gone, so I figured that the only way to put the vote on myself at the next vote was to stay away for a few days. I’d seen a few inactives voted out previously, so I thought history might repeat itself. Fortunately, it did.

I must say though, I’m still a bit surprised that Brenda and Cat decided to vote out Katie in the tiebreaker. That move completely isolated Yul and meant that I was now his only real option. I used the opportunity to pull Yul over to my side with Alina and offer him safety. He gave me another idol clue, and once I found my 4th idol, I let him know that I’d keep him safe. I knew that either myself or Yul would be targeted, and I took a calculated risk by playing the idol on Yul and bypassing the tiebreaker.

By this stage, I’d put myself in a great position. I knew I could trust Yul and Alina, so I was pretty confident in making it to the end. Unfortunately Cat winning final immunity ruined my perfect final 3 plan, but I knew I was safe at that stage, as Yul and Alina both weren't going to vote me out. It did mean though, that I had to make the hardest decision I’ve ever made in an ORG by choosing between Alina and Yul, but I stand by the decision I made and explained at the last Tribal Council.

So here I am! This game has taken many different swings in momentum and control, but I'd like to think that through all of that, I've been the person in the final 3 who's had the biggest impact on the outcome of the game. I look forward to answering all your questions tonight :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:16:22 am 

Hey guys! First of all, I wanna thank everyone for being part of this experience. To the hosts, thanks for putting in the time to organise everything, and to the players, I think we can all agree that in the midst of a serious game, there’s been many fun times.

My journey to the final 3 has been an interesting one. I sit here with one person I’ve planned on taking here for most of the game, and one that I haven’t worked together with at all! We’ve all played very different games to make it here, but I’d like to think that the game I’ve played has meant that between the three of us sitting here, I’ve had the biggest impact on who made the final 3 and who didn’t.

I began the game only knowing a few people here. I knew I could trust Yul, as we’d worked together before in Stranded with Rivals, and conversely, we both knew that we couldn’t trust Parvati and Cristina who had played together in our original season. Our first success in this game was obviously winning control of the tribe over Parvati. From there, we made a reasonably solid group, which was eventually broken up before the tribal switch. It was at this time that I realised that Yul, Katie and Daniel were closer to each other than I originally thought, and I didn’t want to rest on my laurels as the number 4 in that group.

So when the switch came about, I made sure that I also ensconced myself with the remaining players from old-Chaang, particularly Alina, Nay and Monica. I let them know of my position in old-Seuua, and we ended up making a really close connection. I also played a big hand in winning the challenges for our tribe which gave us the numbers advantage at the merge.

When the merge came, I was intent on eliminating the Refugees, however after a while it became clear that some of them were being protected from elimination. Instead of Brenda going home at Final 10, I saw Monica booted, apparently because Katie and Dan were concerned that I was too close to the girls.

It was at this time that I realised I was gone from Daniel and Katie’s plans, so I decided that I needed to completely switch the game up. I already had two idols at this stage, so I used my connection with Yul to find out who the target was at the next vote. All he told me was that he was voting for Na Onka. I knew that if I was the target, Yul wouldn’t be told, so I decided to play both idols, one on myself and one on Nay, knowing that one of us would be the target. It paid off.

I still knew that I needed to eliminate Katie though, so I waited until I found my 3rd idol to make my next move. I knew Yul wanted Erinn gone, so I figured that the only way to put the vote on myself at the next vote was to stay away for a few days. I’d seen a few inactives voted out previously, so I thought history might repeat itself. Fortunately, it did.

I must say though, I’m still a bit surprised that Brenda and Cat decided to vote out Katie in the tiebreaker. That move completely isolated Yul and meant that I was now his only real option. I used the opportunity to pull Yul over to my side with Alina and offer him safety. He gave me another idol clue, and once I found my 4th idol, I let him know that I’d keep him safe. I knew that either myself or Yul would be targeted, and I took a calculated risk by playing the idol on Yul and bypassing the tiebreaker.

By this stage, I’d put myself in a great position. I knew I could trust Yul and Alina, so I was pretty confident in making it to the end. Unfortunately Cat winning final immunity ruined my perfect final 3 plan, but I knew I was safe at that stage, as Yul and Alina both weren't going to vote me out. It did mean though, that I had to make the hardest decision I’ve ever made in an ORG by choosing between Alina and Yul, but I stand by the decision I made and explained at the last Tribal Council.

So here I am! This game has taken many different swings in momentum and control, but I'd like to think that through all of that, I've been the person in the final 3 who's had the biggest impact on the outcome of the game. I look forward to answering all your questions tonight :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:26:14 am 

When the merge came, I was intent on eliminating the Refugees. I knew that with the old-Chaang girls on my side, plus Yul who I could trust, that I’d have a good shot at making it to the end if it came down to us. However after a while it became clear that some of them were being protected from elimination. Instead of Brenda going home at Final 10, I saw Monica booted, apparently because Katie and Dan were concerned that I was too close to the girls.

It was at this time that I realised I was gone from Daniel and Katie’s plans, so I decided that I needed to completely switch the game up. I already had two idols at this stage, so I used my connection with Yul to find out who the target was at the next vote. All he told me was that he was voting for Na Onka. I knew that if I was the target, Yul wouldn’t be told, so I decided to play both idols, one on myself and one on Nay, knowing that one of us would be the target. It paid off.

So here I am! This game has taken many different swings in momentum and control, but I'd like to think that through all of that, I've been the person in the final 3 who's had the biggest impact on the outcome of the game, and I was the one who ended up in the best position after all was said and done. I look forward to answering all your questions tonight :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:28:44 am 

Hey guys! First of all, I wanna thank everyone for being part of this experience. As much as it's just a game, we really do get emotionally involved in everything that happens here! To the hosts, thanks for putting in the time to organise everything, and to the players, I think we can all agree that in the midst of a serious game, there’s been many fun times.

When the merge came, I was intent on eliminating the Refugees. I knew that with the old-Chaang girls on my side, plus Yul who I could trust, that I’d have a good shot at making it to the end if it came down to us. However after a while it became clear that some of them were being protected from elimination. Instead of Brenda going home at Final 10, I saw Monica booted, apparently because Katie and Dan were concerned that I was too close to the girls.

So here I am! This game has taken many different swings in momentum and control, but I'd like to think that through all of that, I've been the person in the final 3 who's had the biggest impact on the outcome of the game, and I was the one who ended up in the best position after all was said and done. I look forward to answering all your questions tonight :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30:16 am 

Sorry for all the edits :P This is probably the final copy:

Hey guys! First of all, I wanna thank everyone for being part of this experience. As much as it's just a game, we really do get emotionally involved in everything that happens here! To the hosts, thanks for putting in the time to organise everything, and to the players, I think we can all agree that in the midst of a serious game, there’s been many fun times.